It is true that you do not have to spend a lot to be able to drink coffee when you roast coffee beans in your home instead of ordering a cup or two at a nearby coffee shop. The best part is that you can drink coffee as much you want at an affordable cost whether you are roasting for yourself alone or sharing some with others. However, this is only possible when you have even just some basic roasting knowledge for starters and a reliable home coffee roaster that works efficiently. Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster is especially the type of home roaster that you can rely on when it comes to your roasting needs as it is not a difficult machine to handle apart from the fact that it works quite well with bigger amounts of coffee beans.
Read more: A Comprehensive IKAWA Coffee Roaster Review
How does Gene Cafe CBR-101 work?
Gene Cafe CBR-101 is specially created not only to produce great-tasting coffee but also to provide excellent user experience. Check out below the steps on how to roast coffee beans using this machine.
Step 1: Remove the roaster’s chamber that is sitting inside the roaster.
Step 2: After removing the chamber, set it on its stand. The stand is specially designed to hold the chamber so that it is in a stable position at all times.
Step 3: Pour some coffee beans inside the roaster’s chamber. Avoid using more than 250g coffee beans as that amount is already beyond the maximum level the roaster can handle. Make sure that the beans do not include any foreign matter.
Step 4: Once the beans are already inside, the chamber’s lid should be closed correctly. If not, the roaster might start malfunctioning or might need a repair sooner than you expect.
Step 5: After the chamber’s lid is closed, you may now put the roaster’s chamber back into its original place. The chamber must be placed properly inside the roaster. If not, this might affect the performance of the roaster or might cause damage to the roaster.
Step 6: After which, it is also necessary to close the roaster’s cover for protection purposes.
Step 7: It is now time to put the roaster’s chaff container into its own section.
Step 8: The roaster is now ready to work. Select the time. This gives a signal that the unit has been already activated. You will need to check out your user’s manual for more detailed info on the time settings.
Step 9: Select the temperature. This gives a signal that the roasting has just begun. Again, it is necessary to read the user’s manual to get info on the temperature settings.
Step 10: After the time you selected is completed, the roaster will start cooling the contents inside the chamber.
Step 11: Wait until the cooling is done. Cooling is done once you get to hear a distinct tone.
Step 12: Detach the chamber from the unit. Use oven mittens when you do that.
Step 13: Remove the beans from the chamber and transfer them to a colander.
Step 14: Place the colander in an airy space or near a window as this can help speed up the cooling.
- Its roasting chamber works precisely to produce equally roasted beans.
- It does not work noisily.
- It has a 12-month warranty.
- Its design makes it possible for the user to view all the beans clearly.
- It is not only suitable for home but also for business purposes.
- It is capable of roasting a maximum of 250g coffee beans each time.
- It is designed for easy operation.
- Its maximum roasting duration does not take long.
- It gives the user more freedom when it comes to adjusting the temperature and time.
- It is also designed for automatic roasting.
- It can achieve many roast levels.
- It has a reliable chaff collection feature that works well.
- Setting it up is not difficult.
- It is bigger than other home roasters, so it can occupy more space.
- It costs a lot.
- It is not equipped with the smoke suppression technology.
- The user has to prepare a place where the smoke can go out.
- It is not suitable for outdoor roasting.
- The rubber material does not last very long.
- It needs monitoring of the roasting procedure, from start to finish.
- Its surfaces get hot during the roasting procedure, so you need to use oven mittens.
Indeed, there is nothing more comforting than savoring a cup of coffee anytime whenever you are at home. What’s more, drinking coffee while reading a book, watching TV, talking to your family members or completing a project in the comfort of your own room can give a relaxing feeling. What an interesting experience that you can enjoy when you own a coffee roaster such as the Gene Cafe CBR-101!